Friday, March 27, 2009

From: Me

Dear Stranger,


I dare to write these few lines to you for the sake of what once was and now is not. It's been a while, three years or so? I really can't remember, I lost all sense of time since that august day, the warmest day. How's your life? were you able to achieve your dreams? do you still own the warmest smile? Pretend I care.

About me well, life has been benevolent, I own a dog, a house near the beach and I have a nice non-stressing job. All the things I always pictured for me; minus one. Something is missing. Today I ask you to return it, because it only belongs to me, only me. If I made the mistake of giving it to you, gift wrapped and all, I truly regret. The right place for it is the left side of my chest, or in the hand of someone who cares. Not the drawers of your past, I don't want it there. To the person I gave it to, I knew him well , but you, you are a complete stranger. So, today I summon all of strength I have, to ask you stranger to return it, I need it. I want to give it to someone else, someone who takes better care of it. Someone who will make it warm and keep it safe, just like their own. will you mind? I bet you won't.

PS: And that thing, is called: My Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment